How do I manage my severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?

A person who has been diagnosed with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) may require hospitalization or may be allowed to recover at home. SARS is a contagious illness, so one should take precautions to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to others. These include remaining at home until 10 days after the fever has gone, washing hands frequently, covering the nose or mouth when sneezing or coughing, limiting contact with other persons, not sharing glasses, bedding, or other items, and wearing an approved mask when in the proximity of other people.

Continue Learning about SARS

What should I tell a doctor if I suspect severe acute respiratory syndrome?
If a person suspects that he or she may have severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), first contact...
What is severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a respiratory illness that caused global concern during ...
Is there a vaccine for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
Vaccines have recently been developed and tested in clinical trials. The results of the testing sugg...
Would a person exposed to the SARS virus be quarantined?
Quarantine is the confining of a person who has been exposed to a particular illness but does not ha...