What happened to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?

The first case of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) was reported in February 2003. A global outbreak then followed. The outbreak was successfully contained, and the last confirmed case occurred in 2004. It is possible that SARS will reappear in the future.

Continue Learning about SARS

How do other illnesses affect severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
People who have other illnesses are more vulnerable to severe acute respiratory symptom (SARS). ...
How do I care for someone with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a contagious illness that can be serious.Fortunately...
Should I talk to a doctor about severe acute respiratory syndrome symptoms?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a potentially serious illness. If you experience symptom...
What is the rate of incidence of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) entered the human population in 2002 and caused a global ou...