What increases my risk for Salmonella food poisoning?

Salmonella food poisoning is spread by lack of sanitation and poor food preparation. Your risk increases if you travel to developing countries or live in communal residences. People with compromised immunes systems are at greater risk. Antacids decrease the protective acids in your stomach, so if you consume these you may be increasing your susceptibility to food-borne illnesses. Pet birds and reptiles can harbor Salmonella, too, so contact with these animals can increase your risk.

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella
What You Need to Know About Salmonella
Salmonella, or salmonellosis, is a bacterial infection that sets up shop in your gut and can wreak havoc on your intestinal tract. Named after Daniel ...
Does Salmonella food poisoning affect children differently than adults?
Young children will usually have a more severe reaction to Salmonella food poisoning. Children under...
How can I lower the risk of getting Salmonella infection from live poultry?
The following are recommendations to help lower the risk of getting a Salmonella infection from live...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals