How could I get a Salmonella infection from a pet reptile or amphibian?

Reptiles and amphibians might have Salmonella germs on their bodies even when they appear healthy and clean. The germs can also get on cages, aquariums, terrariums, the water reptiles and amphibians live or swim in, and other containers that house them. Anything that reptiles and amphibians touch should be considered possibly contaminated with Salmonella. When you touch reptiles and amphibians, the germs can get on your hands or clothing. It is important to wash your hands immediately after touching animals, or anything in the area where they live and roam, including water from containers or aquariums, because the germs on your hands can easily spread to other people or things.

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella
What You Need to Know About Salmonella
Salmonella, or salmonellosis, is a bacterial infection that sets up shop in your gut and can wreak havoc on your intestinal tract. Named after Daniel ...
How do medications treat Salmonella food poisoning?
Antibiotics are sometimes administered to destroy the bacterium that causes Salmonella food poisonin...
How do I manage my Salmonella food poisoning on a daily basis?
Drinking plenty of clear fluids is the best way to manage your Salmonella food poisoning. Diarrhea, ...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals