How can I safely prepare meat to help prevent salmonella poisoning?

To safely prepare meat to help prevent salmonella poisoning, wash all produce (yes, even the prewashed stuff). Clean your hands, utensils and cutting boards that have come in contact with raw meat before they touch other food. Cook meat, fish and eggs thoroughly. And if you’re banking on leftovers to give you a few extra meals, make sure to refrigerate them promptly. 

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella
What You Need to Know About Salmonella
Salmonella, or salmonellosis, is a bacterial infection that sets up shop in your gut and can wreak havoc on your intestinal tract. Named after Daniel ...
Is there a cure for Salmonella food poisoning?
Salmonella food poisoning usually resolves on its own, though most cases also respond well to treatm...
How do I care for someone with Salmonella food poisoning?
If a family member or friend is infected with Salmonella food poisoning, you should make sure that t...
How do medications treat Salmonella food poisoning?
Antibiotics are sometimes administered to destroy the bacterium that causes Salmonella food poisonin...