How does hand washing help prevent salmonella?

Aaron Nelson
Sports Medicine
Salmonella is a bacteria that can cause diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramping. By washing your hands, you can help prevent the bacteria from transferring from your hands to your mouth, eyes, other foods and other people. When you are cooking and preparing raw meats, it is very important to wash your hands before handling other food items.

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella in Hawaii
Hawaii is ranked as the healthiest state in the country, according to America’s Health Rankings by the United Health Foundation, where Kamaaina can ex...
When should I go to the emergency room for salmonella food poisoning?
If your food poisoning from salmonella is causing repeated episodes of diarrhea, nausea or vomiting ...
What increases my risk for Salmonella food poisoning?
Salmonella food poisoning is spread by lack of sanitation and poor food preparation. Your risk incre...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals