Can Salmonella food poisoning be prevented?

Salmonella food poisoning can be prevented by using proper sanitation. Make sure that your food is cooked properly and with clean utensils. Avoid cross-contamination by washing your hands frequently while cooking, particularly when you're interacting with raw meats, eggs, or produce. Washing hands after using the washroom or before eating or preparing food is an excellent preventative measure as well. If you have pet birds or reptiles, you should wash your hands after handling them, as they are known carriers of Salmonella bacteria.

Continue Learning about Salmonella Food Poisoning

What You Need to Know About Salmonella in Hawaii
Hawaii is ranked as the healthiest state in the country, according to America’s Health Rankings by the United Health Foundation, where Kamaaina can ex...
How do I manage my Salmonella food poisoning on a daily basis?
Drinking plenty of clear fluids is the best way to manage your Salmonella food poisoning. Diarrhea, ...
When should I go to the emergency room for salmonella food poisoning?
If your condition needs treatment at all, Salmonella food poisoning can usually be treated as an out...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals