Why is a wet field surface dangerous?

A wet field surface is dangerous because it increases the likelihood of injuries. Athletes may lose traction and may slip or fall on a wet field. Be sure to make coaches and athletes aware of the conditions of the field, and remind them to wear proper footwear.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
From the alii of Hawaii nei riding koa boards along the Waikiki break, to modern big surf competitions on Oahu’s North Shore, to daily enthusiasts rel...
Who is the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI)?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is also an independent testing lab that tests and certifies pro...
How can I prepare my car for winter?
You can avoid many dangerous winter travel problems by planning ahead. Have maintenance service on y...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?