Why should I wear a mouthguard when playing sports?

A properly fitted mouthguard, or mouth protector, is an important piece of athletic gear that can help protect your smile. You should use a mouthguard during any activity that could result in a blow to the face or mouth.

Mouthguards help prevent broken teeth and injuries to the lips, tongue, face or jaw. A properly fitted mouthguard will stay in place while you are wearing it. It should be easy for you to talk and breathe.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Consumer Alert: Hoverboards Send Dozens to the ER
While hoverboards were one of 2015’s most sought-after gifts, consumer safety experts are warning parents that the two-wheeled, motorized skateboards ...
Is it legal for my child to have a pet turtle?
Since 1975, it has been illegal in the United States to sell or distribute turtles with shells that ...
What are the benefits of acclimatizing people working in hot environments?
The benefits of acclimatization—helping employees adjust to working in hot environments—include phys...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?