Why are tinted face shields illegal in many sports?

Tinted face shields are banned in many levels of sport due to the nature of complications that may arise from its decreased transparency. It may be difficult to assess an individual's status, specifically mental status after a concussion. It is a major safety issue. Consult the appropriate equipment standards and regulations for your sport before utilizing face shield variations. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
From the alii of Hawaii nei riding koa boards along the Waikiki break, to modern big surf competitions on Oahu’s North Shore, to daily enthusiasts rel...
What are some summer safety tips?
Summer safety will depend on what region you live in, but a few good rules of thumb are sunscreen, h...
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Working at a computer all day can cause eye, neck, and back problems. Find out how to avoid them as ...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?