Why do we tend to throw food away if it doesn't look perfect?

Stefanie Sacks, MS
We tend to throw food away if it doesn't look perfect because we're conditioned to think that imperfect-looking foods are not good or healthy for us. Watch culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks discuss this issue, and how it contributes to food waste.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
How can I safely bring an animal into a school or daycare?
It is important to remember that animals can have germs on their bodies and in their habitats, even ...
How do I prevent drowsy driving?
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
To prevent drowsy driving, do the following: Plan ahead by taking an afternoon nap before driving...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?