Why shouldn't I order the daily special at a restaurant?

The daily special is often a bad choice. Restaurateurs know that many diners will order a special, and consequently they raise the price. Sadly, the daily special may not actually be special; instead, they are usually made of the food the chef needs to get rid of fast. This includes aging meat and fish, old veggies and leftover sauces -- all of which could cause a nasty case of food poisoning.

If the day’s special appeals to you, don’t be shy about asking the waiter questions about the ingredients.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Biking is a great way to get around town and avoid traffic while getting a good workout. Thanks to biki, a bike sharing service, it’s easy for anyone ...
Why is it important to have proper equipment in children's sports?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
Protective equipment, like helmets and shoulder pads, can help protect kids from injury during sport...
What steps can I take to prevent accidents?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Accidents, such as falls, sports injuries, fires and car accidents, are a leading cause of death. In...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?