Why is it important to have proper equipment in children's sports?

Protective equipment, like helmets and shoulder pads, can help protect kids from injury during sports.

It is important to have the proper equipment in children's sports to ensure that the children participating in that particular sport are as safe as possible. Children need proper equipment while they are learning to play that sport and learning the proper technique for the particular positions they are playing.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What You Need to Know About Dry Drowning
You know how right after you jog or do free weights, you feel fine, but the next day your muscles are tender and sore? This phenomenon was first descr...
How can I travel safely during winter?
Be cautious about travel during winter. Here are a few tips: Listen for radio or television repor...
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?