Why should I monitor the photos my child posts online?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
As a parent, protecting your teenager's online image is one of the most important (and difficult) jobs you have. Remember all of the crazy things you did as a teen without giving a thought about what you were doing? Thank goodness our every move wasn't documented on the Internet for everyone to see like it is today, with cameras and videos on every cell phone recording every moment.

Unfortunately, most of our children's missteps can be easily splashed across the Internet by their friends or by their own naivety and lack of maturity. They'll need to learn that anything posted on the Internet will remain there for everyone to see.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What You Need to Know About Dry Drowning
You know how right after you jog or do free weights, you feel fine, but the next day your muscles are tender and sore? This phenomenon was first descr...
How can I stay safe when doing outdoor winter activities?
Be safe during winter recreation. Notify friends and family where you will be before you go hiking, ...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?