Why is it important to help workers adjust to working in hot environments?

If you have a business where your employees work in a hot environment, make sure your workers drink enough liquids, and give them rest breaks. You should also acclimatize your workers by gradually increasing the time they work in hot environments.

One report presented 20 cases of heat-related illnesses or death of workers. In most of these cases employers had no program to prevent heat illness, or programs were deficient. Acclimatization was the most common program element missing and most clearly associated with employee death.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Expert Safety Tips on Playing Sports and Mowing the Lawn
Q: We bought a new house with a nice front and back yard. My husband is excited about cutting the lawn and is off buying a new push mower. I don’t wan...
What are some summer safety tips?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Here are some summer safety tips. If you are planning to barbecue: If you are using a propane gas...
Could I suffer health risks from eating in my car?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Food, Inc. exposed the many health dangers of the fast-food drive-thru, but a recent study has ident...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?