Why is it important to watch my child on the playground?

When at the playground, think about keeping an eye on your child: There has been a spike in the diagnoses of concussions and brain injuries in children in recent years. This may be driven by several factors, including greater education and understanding about head injuries. Other factors may include distracted or inattentive caregivers due to the increased popularity of mobile devices, according to medical and public health authorities. Of course, playgrounds provide healthy opportunities for kids to jump, run and get great physical activity. But no playground or swimming pool is safe without adult supervision before, during and after visits.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
What signs indicate that I should not be driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Signs indicating that you should not be driving include those listed in the following checklist, cre...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?