Why are infants prone to accidents?

Infants six months of age and less are prone to accidents because:
  • Infants of this age can roll over and reach for objects.
  • They are often poisoned by helpful older siblings or given foods that can be choked on.
Infants seven to twelve months are prone to accidents because they:
  • Learn to crawl, pull to stand, and walk by holding onto furniture.
  • Can pull pans off a stove or pull on a tablecloth with objects on it. In either case, a severe injury could happen.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...
How can I safely bring an animal into a school or daycare?
It is important to remember that animals can have germs on their bodies and in their habitats, even ...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?