Where should I pack my medications if I traveling by airplane?

Pack your prescriptions and other medications in your carry-on bag. If you pack them in your suitcase, and the airline misplaces your luggage, you may be stranded without your medicine for at least 24 hours. Also, in case of an emergency, carry an index card with a list of important medical information including your diagnosis, medications, and family and doctors’ contact information.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Barbara Ficarra, RNBarbara Ficarra, RN
While adult bicyclists are not required by state law to wear helmets, young riders are required to w...
What are some summer safety tips?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Here are some summer safety tips. If you are planning to barbecue: If you are using a propane gas...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?