When should I replace my bicycle helmet?

Replace your helmet after a bicycle accident. Even though it may not look damaged, it might be. Many manufacturers have a crash-protection guarantee and will replace a helmet for free if you are in a crash. Helmets should be treated carefully, and not be exposed to extremes of hot or cold, which can damage them. Consider replacing your helmet every five years, as helmets can begin to deteriorate internally with time and use. The quality of helmets has improved so much in the last ten years that the helmets manufactured five years from now will probably provide even better protection.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Backyard Pools: How to Keep Your Kids Safe
In June of 2019, country music star Granger Smith posted a devastating announcement on Instagram. Doctors had been unable to revive his three-year-old...
How dangerous is driving while drowsy?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
The statistics speak volumes: Approximately one in every six fatal crashes—or 16.5%—in the US inv...
Who is the ASTM in regards to equine safety helmets?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) is a volunteer organization that sets the stan...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?