When can my child use a car safety belt?

Your child is ready to use a safety belt when:
  • He can keep his back against the vehicle seat and his knees are completely bent over the seat edge.
  • His feet rest flat on the floor.
  • The lap belt is low and snug across his upper thighs and the shoulder belt crosses the center of his chest and collarbone.
For more safety tips, visit www.choa.org or call 404-250-KIDS. As the lead agency for Safe Kids Georgia, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta strives to protect children from preventable injury and death. Safe Kids Georgia is dedicated to fighting the No. 1 killer of children—accidental injuries.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
How common are injuries from fireworks?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Burns are a common injury from fireworks. In fact, they're more common that you would think. Yet, fi...
How dangerous is driving while drowsy?
Driving while drowsy is very dangerous. Recent studies have shown that sleepiness while driving incr...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?