When should my child or teen block someone on Facebook?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
It's important that you know how to "Block" someone on Facebook and that you teach your children how to do so as well. If they already know how to "Block," advise them to get used to using the feature more often. Your teen can use the "Block" feature to prevent all interactions with someone they no longer wish to interact with. If your teen receives inappropriate or abusive communications, they can "Block" the person who's posting this information from being able to post anything in the future.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
Folks from the West and Southwest to the Midwest and beyond are dealing with eye irritation, breathing difficulty and asthma from rampant wildfires th...
Is it legal for my child to have a pet turtle?
Since 1975, it has been illegal in the United States to sell or distribute turtles with shells that ...
What is the correct way to wear a seatbelt in the car?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The lap (lower) part of the belt should be sitting low and tight across the upper part of your hips....
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?