When should an athletic practice or game be cancelled due to weather?

Rain, hail, snow, strong winds, and excessive heat are all possible reasons for canceling or postponing a practice or game.

It is important that coaches and athletes are made aware of such possibilities. A backup plan for practice may need to be developed with the coaches' input. For example, practice can be moved to an indoor facility, if available.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

is it legal for my child to have a pet turtle ?
Since 1975, it has been illegal in the United States to sell or distribute turtles with shells that ...
how can i avoid bats while hiking or camping ?
Some bats roost in tree cavities or foliage and might be spotted in areas where outdoor activities t...
what is the correct way to wear a seatbelt in the car ?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The lap (lower) part of the belt should be sitting low and tight across the upper part of your hips....
what human medications are harmful to my pets ?