What are ways to prevent sports injuries from falling debris?

Before the sports season begins, talk to the maintenance workers who are in charge of the field lights and for trimming trees. You want to make sure that they are being maintained correctly to prevent injury from falling debris.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Q: I love rice but I am afraid it’s not so good for me—kind of the white bread of grains, my wife tells me. What’s the real story? —George G., Monroe,...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?
What Do I Do If I Encounter a Black Widow Spider?