What are ways to prevent sports injuries from falling debris?

Before the sports season begins, talk to the maintenance workers who are in charge of the field lights and for trimming trees. You want to make sure that they are being maintained correctly to prevent injury from falling debris.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
What are the benefits of acclimatizing people working in hot environments?
The benefits of acclimatization—helping employees adjust to working in hot environments—include phys...
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?