What can I do to keep myself and my family healthy and safe on vacation?

No one wants to get sick on vacation. Watch the video for tips on keeping healthy while traveling.

There are many things you can do to keep your family safe while enjoying your vacation. Often travel safety depends on the kind of vacation you are planning. For example, if you are planning to be around water, always make sure your children are well supervised, and plan for appropriate personal floatation devices for those planning to swim. For international travel, you should visit your doctor before the trip to update your vaccinations and see if any specific ones are recommended for the country you are going to. If you are planning on car travel, make sure to arrange for car seats that are age and size appropriate. For any vacations in the sun, don’t forget the sunscreen! It is also always important to stay hydrated with clean water and wash your hands frequently. For extra tips on healthy travel, check out the CDC website: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Protect Yourself Against Meningitis and Smoke Exposure
Q: My son is enrolled at a small college in Vermont and I heard that there was an outbreak of meningitis on East Coast college campuses. He’s had a lo...
What is the correct way to wear a seatbelt in the car?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The lap (lower) part of the belt should be sitting low and tight across the upper part of your hips....
Why is it important for parents to be knowledgeable about equine safety?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Education about equine safety must be given to adults.  Parents usually are aware of the apparent ri...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?