What are symptoms of sick building syndrome?

Leopold D. Galland, MD
With 90 percent of time spent indoors, there is a good chance that indoor air pollution impacts your health, for the worse. In fact, if the building in which you live, work or study in is a sick building, it could very well be making you sick too. And you probably don’t even realize what is making you ill. These are some of the symptoms of sick building syndrome:
  • Eye or ear irritation
  • Stuffy nose
  • Headache
  • Chest tightness
  • Impaired memory or concentration
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Itching
  • Skin rash
  • Shortness of breath

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
What to Do About Smoke-Filled Skies
Folks from the West and Southwest to the Midwest and beyond are dealing with eye irritation, breathing difficulty and asthma from rampant wildfires th...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...
Who is the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI)?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is also an independent testing lab that tests and certifies pro...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?