What are symptoms of sick building syndrome?

Leopold D. Galland, MD
With 90 percent of time spent indoors, there is a good chance that indoor air pollution impacts your health, for the worse. In fact, if the building in which you live, work or study in is a sick building, it could very well be making you sick too. And you probably don’t even realize what is making you ill. These are some of the symptoms of sick building syndrome:
  • Eye or ear irritation
  • Stuffy nose
  • Headache
  • Chest tightness
  • Impaired memory or concentration
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Itching
  • Skin rash
  • Shortness of breath

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
Who is the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI)?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is also an independent testing lab that tests and certifies pro...
What supplies should women pack when traveling abroad?
Traveling abroad can sometimes mean a new set of personal hygiene and health regulations, but until ...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?