What are symptoms of sick building syndrome?

Leopold D. Galland, MD
With 90 percent of time spent indoors, there is a good chance that indoor air pollution impacts your health, for the worse. In fact, if the building in which you live, work or study in is a sick building, it could very well be making you sick too. And you probably don’t even realize what is making you ill. These are some of the symptoms of sick building syndrome:
  • Eye or ear irritation
  • Stuffy nose
  • Headache
  • Chest tightness
  • Impaired memory or concentration
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Itching
  • Skin rash
  • Shortness of breath

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Backyard Pools: How to Keep Your Kids Safe
In June of 2019, country music star Granger Smith posted a devastating announcement on Instagram. Doctors had been unable to revive his three-year-old...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?