What can I do to help prevent my infant or toddler from falling?

Some simple ways to help your toddler (maybe just starting to walk) avoid falling are:

• making sure shoelaces are not too long, tied or in shoe lace keepers
  • making sure paths are clutter free by teaching and assisting your toddler to put his/ her blocks away and toys in toy chests or closets
  • ensuring frequently played with toys are accessible to your toddler making sure there is no reason for your toddler to climb to obtain toys displayed on bookcases, shelves or on top of dressers
  • insisting that your toddler walk and not run while maneuvering inside buildings with furniture
  • ensuring that rugs are tapped to the floor to avoid tripping
  • promptly cleaning spills to avoid slipping

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Protect Yourself Against Meningitis and Smoke Exposure
Q: My son is enrolled at a small college in Vermont and I heard that there was an outbreak of meningitis on East Coast college campuses. He’s had a lo...
What are some grilling safety tips?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Always keep safety in mind when grilling. Before firing up your gas grill, make sure the lid is open...
What is stalking?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Stalking is one type of intimate partner violence. It is very common for the victim to know his or h...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?