What are the most common summer injuries?

The injuries that orthopedic practices see in the summer are usually related to being outside. The weather is nice, so doctors see a lot of sprained ankles and knee injuries, including people who twist their knee. People are working in their yards and get injured, for example, mowing the lawn. Second to that would be wrist and shoulder injuries caused by somebody falling and landing on his or her arm.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What You Need to Know About Dry Drowning
You know how right after you jog or do free weights, you feel fine, but the next day your muscles are tender and sore? This phenomenon was first descr...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
What are the most common winter injuries?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
The most common winter injuries, like falls and back strains, are related to snow and ice.
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?