What should I look for when buying a bicycle helmet?

A bicycle helmet should be level on your head, comfortably snug but not too tight, and should not move more than about an inch in any direction. There should be a CPSC sticker located on the helmet that ensures the helmet has met minimum safety requirements. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
What signs indicate that I should not be driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Signs indicating that you should not be driving include those listed in the following checklist, cre...
What type of protection will an ASTM/SEI helmet give me?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
ASTM/SEI helmets provide protection to the skull and brain.  A term used when measuring the effectiv...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?