What is stalking?

Lisa Moment
Lisa Moment on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Nursing

Stalking is one type of intimate partner violence. It is very common for the victim to know his or her stalker.

Stalking can take a number of different forms including following, making repeated unwanted phone calls or unwanted text messaging to the victim, spreading lies about the victim, threatening the victim, and showing up at the victim's home or place of work.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Q: I love rice but I am afraid it’s not so good for me—kind of the white bread of grains, my wife tells me. What’s the real story? —George G., Monroe,...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?