What does ergonomic mean?

Ergonomic is a word to describe any piece of equipment, work place or job that is designed to keep your body in proper posture and reduce strain. Try to make your work space as ergonomically friendly as possible by selecting a chair that keeps your legs at a 90 degree angle, pulling your keyboard and mouse closer to you so that your elbows relax by your sides, and lifting your monitor to eye level.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Bike safety Taking a bike ride is a great way to exercise. This low-impact cardio activity is a fun way to reach your aerobic activity goals. Get read...
How can I prevent injuries from falls?
Here are some tips on preventing injuries from falls: Use a soft landing surface on playgrounds (...
What are the most common winter injuries?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
The most common winter injuries, like falls and back strains, are related to snow and ice.
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?