What does ergonomic mean?

Ergonomic is a word to describe any piece of equipment, work place or job that is designed to keep your body in proper posture and reduce strain. Try to make your work space as ergonomically friendly as possible by selecting a chair that keeps your legs at a 90 degree angle, pulling your keyboard and mouse closer to you so that your elbows relax by your sides, and lifting your monitor to eye level.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Consumer Alert: Hoverboards Send Dozens to the ER
While hoverboards were one of 2015’s most sought-after gifts, consumer safety experts are warning parents that the two-wheeled, motorized skateboards ...
How can schools encourage students to report threats of violence?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
75 percent of teens contemplating suicide, homicide or a school shooting tell their plans to a p...
What should I do if I see a dead bat?
If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the ani...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?