What does ergonomic mean?

Ergonomic is a word to describe any piece of equipment, work place or job that is designed to keep your body in proper posture and reduce strain. Try to make your work space as ergonomically friendly as possible by selecting a chair that keeps your legs at a 90 degree angle, pulling your keyboard and mouse closer to you so that your elbows relax by your sides, and lifting your monitor to eye level.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
8 Tips to Bike Ride Safely
Bike safety Taking a bike ride is a great way to exercise. This low-impact cardio activity is a fun way to reach your aerobic activity goals. Get read...
How can I use fireworks safely?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Every year many children and adults suffer from injuries caused by fireworks, such as burns and eye ...
Could I suffer health risks from eating in my car?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Food, Inc. exposed the many health dangers of the fast-food drive-thru, but a recent study has ident...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?