What should I do if I see a dead bat?

If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the animal. In some instances, such services might not be immediately available. Under these circumstances, follow the below steps to safely discard the dead bat.

• Get a cardboard box or Tupperware container.
  • Place it over the bat.
  • Slide a cardboard or plastic lid under the box/container so that the bat is confined within.
  • Remove it from the area until animal control services can arrive to safely dispose of the bat.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
Who is the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI)?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is also an independent testing lab that tests and certifies pro...
Why is it important for parents to be knowledgeable about equine safety?
Education about equine safety must be given to adults.  Parents usually are aware of the apparent ri...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?