What should I do if I see a dead bat?

If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the animal. In some instances, such services might not be immediately available. Under these circumstances, follow the below steps to safely discard the dead bat.

• Get a cardboard box or Tupperware container.
  • Place it over the bat.
  • Slide a cardboard or plastic lid under the box/container so that the bat is confined within.
  • Remove it from the area until animal control services can arrive to safely dispose of the bat.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Consumer Alert: Hoverboards Send Dozens to the ER
While hoverboards were one of 2015’s most sought-after gifts, consumer safety experts are warning parents that the two-wheeled, motorized skateboards ...
Why is it important to help workers adjust to working in hot environments?
If you have a business where your employees work in a hot environment, make sure your workers drink ...
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Working at a computer all day can cause eye, neck, and back problems. Find out how to avoid them as ...
Who certifies equine safety helmets?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is the coordinator and administrator for helmet certification. ...