What should I do if I see a dead bat?

If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the animal. In some instances, such services might not be immediately available. Under these circumstances, follow the below steps to safely discard the dead bat.

• Get a cardboard box or Tupperware container.
  • Place it over the bat.
  • Slide a cardboard or plastic lid under the box/container so that the bat is confined within.
  • Remove it from the area until animal control services can arrive to safely dispose of the bat.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...
How common are injuries from fireworks?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Burns are a common injury from fireworks. In fact, they're more common that you would think. Yet, fi...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?