What are the benefits of being friends with my teen on Facebook?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
The benefits to friending your teen on Facebook are:
  • They will think twice before they post, because they know you're watching.
  • If you're logged into Facebook, you will be able to see what's happening on their profile when something is posted -- as opposed to logging in under their username at a later time.
  • You could be invited to become friends with their friends that know you.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Picture This! Selfie Dangers
Picture This! Selfie Dangers
LeBron James (basketball), Shawn White (snowboard) and Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) have one thing in common: They’re notorious selfie-takers. There’s ...
What are some summer safety tips?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Here are some summer safety tips. If you are planning to barbecue: If you are using a propane gas...
Who is the ASTM in regards to equine safety helmets?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) is a volunteer organization that sets the stan...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?