What are the benefits of acclimatizing people working in hot environments?

The benefits of acclimatization—helping employees adjust to working in hot environments—include physiological adaptations, such as increased sweating efficiency and the stabilization of circulation. Employers must make certain that each worker adjusts to heat by gradually increasing the time they work in hot environments.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What You Need to Know About Dry Drowning
You know how right after you jog or do free weights, you feel fine, but the next day your muscles are tender and sore? This phenomenon was first descr...
How can I keep my steps and walkways free of ice during winter?
Walking on ice is extremely dangerous. Many cold-weather injuries result from falls on ice-covered s...
How can I travel safely during winter?
Be cautious about travel during winter. Here are a few tips: Listen for radio or television repor...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?