What activities do kids need protective gear for?

Make sure your kids wear helmets and other protective gear for biking, in-line skating, skateboarding, and other sports. Roller shoes alone contributed to 1,600 emergency department visits in just one year, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
How can my child safely interact with animals?
Children younger than 5 years old should be supervised while interacting with animals. Teach childre...
How can I prevent injuries from falls?
Here are some tips on preventing injuries from falls: Use a soft landing surface on playgrounds (...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
 Due to the litigious society that we live in, it is strongly recommended that everyone wear a helme...