What type of helmet should I use when skiing?

It is very important to have a helmet that fits properly and does not block your vision or hearing. If you ski where it is quite cold, a helmet with vents that close will be important. If you ski in areas where there the temperature can vary greatly during the ski day, the ability to open and adjust the vents is important.

Stop by your local ski store and try on a variety of helmets to see which brand fits you the best. The staff at these stores is knowledgeable and will assist you in finding one that fits your head the best. 

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Turn Around, Don't Drown—Plus Other Ways to Stay Safe During a Flood
Every year it seems like more hurricanes and tropical storms are hurdling towards Hawaii. Although there were no direct hits in 2018, the Central Paci...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
 Due to the litigious society that we live in, it is strongly recommended that everyone wear a helme...
What are the benefits of acclimatizing people working in hot environments?
The benefits of acclimatization—helping employees adjust to working in hot environments—include phys...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?