What steps can I take to prevent accidents?

Accidents, such as falls, sports injuries, fires and car accidents, are a leading cause of death. In many cases, these can be prevented with common sense. Don’t drive while intoxicated, distracted or tired and wear a seatbelt at all times. Install smoke detectors at home and plan an escape route in case of fire or other emergency. Take precautions when using ladders or working on the roof. Spend a little time planning for safety in all activities.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
No, You Shouldn’t Surf in Hurricanes
From the alii of Hawaii nei riding koa boards along the Waikiki break, to athletes competing in big-time events on Oahu’s North Shore, to everyday ent...
Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Taking a Shot at a Safer World
Eleven U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2017. According to the CDC, during that same time, 39,773 people were killed by guns (homicides and...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?