What are some good standards for office ergonomics?

There are some established standards for maintaining functional comfort in the workplace. Here are some suggested thresholds for ergonomics that support office workers:

• Your computer screen is about 18 to 24 inches (46 to 61 cm) from your eyes, with the top of your computer screen at eye level
  • The keyboard is directly in front of you, allowing your arms to maintain a 90-degree angle and your wrists to be extended straight out-with support while you are typing
  • The desk top is 2 inches (5 cm) higher than your elbows
  • The chair you are sitting in provides support for your lower back and is adjustable; it is at a height that allows your feet to be flat on the floor and your knees are at a 90-degree angle; when your knees are too high, the thighs do not support enough weight, which can stress on your lower back, and when your knees are too low it affects the circulation in your lower legs

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Working Against Gun Violence
Working Against Gun Violence
There’s a ban on smoking in most bars and restaurants in the U.S.; in most cities, there’s a ban on spitting in public; and in many states dancing on ...
Is it legal for my child to have a pet turtle?
Since 1975, it has been illegal in the United States to sell or distribute turtles with shells that ...
Why is it important for parents to be knowledgeable about equine safety?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Education about equine safety must be given to adults.  Parents usually are aware of the apparent ri...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?