What are some good standards for office ergonomics?

There are some established standards for maintaining functional comfort in the workplace. Here are some suggested thresholds for ergonomics that support office workers:

• Your computer screen is about 18 to 24 inches (46 to 61 cm) from your eyes, with the top of your computer screen at eye level
  • The keyboard is directly in front of you, allowing your arms to maintain a 90-degree angle and your wrists to be extended straight out-with support while you are typing
  • The desk top is 2 inches (5 cm) higher than your elbows
  • The chair you are sitting in provides support for your lower back and is adjustable; it is at a height that allows your feet to be flat on the floor and your knees are at a 90-degree angle; when your knees are too high, the thighs do not support enough weight, which can stress on your lower back, and when your knees are too low it affects the circulation in your lower legs

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
Who certifies equine safety helmets?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is the coordinator and administrator for helmet certification. ...
How can I make sure my newborn baby is safe when traveling in a car?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
To travel safely in a car with your newborn baby, your baby will need a safety-approved rear-facing ...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?