Should I make my child wear a bike helmet?

From the very first time your child gets on wheels and starts to push around, I think you should have the helmet as part of the routine. Put a helmet on, then you get on. If your child regularly rides without a helmet, I think you should make a significant effort to have them put it on. Children that have accidents and hit their heads are at much increased risk of having a neurological injury.
Kids, no matter the age should have, and wear a helmet when riding a bike. The slightest impact to a child's head could cause lifetime damage or death. You may think you child will be safe, but many drivers are not looking for kids on bikes. That's why there are accidents. Lead by example and be sure to wear your helmet at all times.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Turn Around, Don't Drown—Plus Other Ways to Stay Safe During a Flood
Every year it seems like more hurricanes and tropical storms are hurdling towards Hawaii. Although there were no direct hits in 2018, the Central Paci...
How can I stay safe when doing outdoor winter activities?
Be safe during winter recreation. Notify friends and family where you will be before you go hiking, ...
How can I keep my child safe at home?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
To keep your child safe at home, follow these guidelines: Install gates at top and bottom of stai...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?