Should I let my child play sports if he is hurt?

Children are resilient but are not invincible.  If your child is hurt then treat it as if you were injured.  We may all have some bit of stubbornness but ensuring your child’s safety is much more important than playing in a game.  Again, children will bounce back much faster than adults so give them that little bit of extra time and they will recover quicker and be strong upon their return.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Q: I love rice but I am afraid it’s not so good for me—kind of the white bread of grains, my wife tells me. What’s the real story? —George G., Monroe,...
How can I travel safely during winter?
Be cautious about travel during winter. Here are a few tips: Listen for radio or television repor...
How can I avoid bats while hiking or camping?
Some bats roost in tree cavities or foliage and might be spotted in areas where outdoor activities t...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...