Should I buy ankle braces if I get my ankles taped frequently?

If you are getting your ankles taped for injury prevention purposes, it may be more cost effective to invest in a good ankle brace like an ASO ankle brace. If you get your ankles taped because of a previous injury, consult with your athletic trainer or your doctor to ensure you are functionally ready to stop being taped or if a brace would be beneficial for you. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Do the Grandparents Know Current Child Safety Info?
You know that if your grandkids are coming to stay with you, you’ve got to do some preparation: Buy all their favorite foods (especially those ones to...
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Working at a computer all day can cause eye, neck, and back problems. Find out how to avoid them as ...
What are the most common summer injuries?
LewisGale Medical CenterLewisGale Medical Center
The injuries that orthopedic practices see in the summer are usually related to being outside. The w...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?