If someone grabs my wrist and pulls me towards them what should I do?

1) Grab his wrist.

2) Raise your knees and kick into his knee and groin.

3) Sink your heel into his instep.

4) Punch and scratch. 

5) Run!

Watch this video for a demonstration of this technique and information on the muscles to strengthen to perform the move flawlessly. 

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Who is the ASTM in regards to equine safety helmets?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) is a volunteer organization that sets the stan...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
When should my child wear a brace while playing sports?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Children should wear braces when playing sports only if there is a need for support or stability.
Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if quest...