If someone gets me on the ground and they are on top of me how do I escape?

1) Relax your body.

2) Do not fight back.

3) Wrap your legs around his thighs.

4) Push his hand out of the way.

5) Make a spear with your hand and gouge his eyes.

6) Use your thighs and get him off of you.

7) Kick and punch and then run!  

This video will walk you through your actions step by step and show you some fitness tips to perform this move. 

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Picture This! Selfie Dangers
Picture This! Selfie Dangers
LeBron James (basketball), Shawn White (snowboard) and Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) have one thing in common: They’re notorious selfie-takers. There’s ...
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Ask the Experts: Grains and Gun Safety
Q: I love rice but I am afraid it’s not so good for me—kind of the white bread of grains, my wife tells me. What’s the real story? —George G., Monroe,...
Backyard Pools: How to Keep Your Kids Safe
In June of 2019, country music star Granger Smith posted a devastating announcement on Instagram. Doctors had been unable to revive his three-year-old...
What Do I Do If I Encounter a Black Widow Spider?