Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if questioned, these riders will state the importance of wearing a safety helmet but they are not yet ready to be different. Parents and riding instructors need to insist that all riders wear protective headgear.   

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
How can I prepare my car for winter?
You can avoid many dangerous winter travel problems by planning ahead. Have maintenance service on y...
How can I keep my steps and walkways free of ice during winter?
Walking on ice is extremely dangerous. Many cold-weather injuries result from falls on ice-covered s...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?