Why is there resistance to wearing a safety helmet?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
Not wearing a safety helmet has become such a norm for many in the equine world.  Although, if questioned, these riders will state the importance of wearing a safety helmet but they are not yet ready to be different. Parents and riding instructors need to insist that all riders wear protective headgear.   

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Hawaii’s Feral Cats Could Harm Your Health
It’s hard to go anywhere in Hawaii without running into at least one free-roaming cat. These include feral cats, pets allowed to roam, and lost and ab...
How can I prevent pain while using a computer?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
If you’re at a computer all day, you’re at risk for repetitive motion injuries from constantly typin...
How can employers prevent heat-related illnesses among their workers?
Employers should check on employees working in hot environments throughout their shift to make sure ...
What Human Medications Are Harmful to My Pets?