How can I prevent my child from getting burns?

Burns from scalding water are a very common Emergency Department (ED) injury, so make sure your water heater’s thermostat is set below 120 degrees. And keep curling irons, clothing irons, and steaming cups of coffee out of reach of little ones.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

Picture This! Selfie Dangers
Picture This! Selfie Dangers
LeBron James (basketball), Shawn White (snowboard) and Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) have one thing in common: They’re notorious selfie-takers. There’s ...
What is the correct way to wear a seatbelt in the car?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The lap (lower) part of the belt should be sitting low and tight across the upper part of your hips....
How effective are seat belts?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Seat belts are by far the most effective protection against avoiding injury and even death in a car ...
What is stalking?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Stalking is one type of intimate partner violence. It is very common for the victim to know his or h...