What safety information should I look for when purchasing an equine helmet?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
Certified helmets must show the date they were manufactured.  They should be replaced every five years.  The SEI Certification process requires the manufacturer to provide liability insurance on all their helmets. If a helmet has been certified, it will have a SEI Seal on a permanent label inside the helmet.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Turn Around, Don't Drown—Plus Other Ways to Stay Safe During a Flood
Every year it seems like more hurricanes and tropical storms are hurdling towards Hawaii. Although there were no direct hits in 2018, the Central Paci...
Why is it important to help workers adjust to working in hot environments?
If you have a business where your employees work in a hot environment, make sure your workers drink ...
How can I prepare my car for winter?
You can avoid many dangerous winter travel problems by planning ahead. Have maintenance service on y...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?