How can I talk with my teen about date rape drugs?

Michele Borba
Look to connect with a real issue. Our “lectures” about what happened to us in the “old days” just don’t connect with adolescents, but actual events about real teens do. Use the news story as your talk opener: “Did you hear about the college party and what happened…”  Or try this approach: “What are your friends saying about the college party where the police think date rape drugs were involved…?”  Listen to your teen, and add then slowly slip in the real facts.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How to Stay Safe in Hawaii’s Next Landslide
Landslides are a common and destructive occurrence in all mountainous areas, but the heavy rains, loose rocks and occasional seismic activity make Haw...
How can I stay safe and healthy if I'm traveling abroad for spring break?
If you are traveling outside the United States for spring break, it's a good idea to see your doctor...
What signs indicate that I should not be driving?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Signs indicating that you should not be driving include those listed in the following checklist, cre...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?