How can I prevent pain while using a computer?

Bad ergonomics at the office—especially when using a computer—can definitely trigger or worsen back pain, neck pain, eye strain, carpal tunnel and more. Because everyone's body is different, creating an ergonomic workstation requires an individualized setup. To help prevent body pain, one rule that applies to all: Stand up and take a break at least once an hour. Beyond that, make sure the height of your desk, chair, monitor and keyboard allows you to keep your shoulders relaxed, your spine and wrists straight, your low back supported, and your feet flat on the ground.

Take the RealAge Test!

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
Backyard Pools: How to Keep Your Kids Safe
In June of 2019, country music star Granger Smith posted a devastating announcement on Instagram. Doctors had been unable to revive his three-year-old...
How can my child safely interact with animals?
Children younger than 5 years old should be supervised while interacting with animals. Teach childre...
Could I suffer health risks from eating in my car?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Food, Inc. exposed the many health dangers of the fast-food drive-thru, but a recent study has ident...