How can I prevent my child from being injured by an air bag?

For the most part, children still in car seats should not be in the front seat of the car. When air bags deploy, they will smash against the car seat, doing potential damage to the child. So only children old enough to be in regular seat belts should be in the front seat.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How can I keep my child safe at home?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
To keep your child safe at home, follow these guidelines: Install gates at top and bottom of stai...
What are the legal implications of not wearing a helmet?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
 Due to the litigious society that we live in, it is strongly recommended that everyone wear a helme...
What safety information should I look for when purchasing an equine helmet?
Certified helmets must show the date they were manufactured.  They should be replaced every five yea...
What are some summer safety tips?
Summer safety will depend on what region you live in, but a few good rules of thumb are sunscreen, h...