How can I help prevent my child from drowning at home?

To help prevent your child from drowning at home:
  • Do not leave a child alone in a bathtub or near water. A child can drown in as little as an inch of water in only 1 to 2 minutes! If the phone or doorbell rings, wrap the child up in a towel and take him with you. Better yet, let the phone ring.
  • If there are children in the house, always leave toilet lids closed. Use a toilet-lid lock.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

What’s in Your Tap Water?
What’s in Your Tap Water?
When LeBron starts his gameday around 9 am, he grabs a gallon jug filled with water and aims to finish it before he gets on the bus to head to the are...
Is it okay to flush medications down the toilet?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website maintains a list of some of the medications ...
What are the most common summer injuries?
LewisGale Medical CenterLewisGale Medical Center
The injuries that orthopedic practices see in the summer are usually related to being outside. The w...
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?
Can Dirty Laundry Make My Family Sick?