How long should I use a rear-facing car seat?

Law states that the minimum age for ending the use of rear-facing car seats is one year and at least 20 pounds. However, the pediatric academy now recommends using these until two years of age or until the child reaches the maximum height and weight recommendations from the car seat manufacturer.

Continue Learning about Safety & Preparedness

How dangerous is driving while drowsy?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
The statistics speak volumes: Approximately one in every six fatal crashes—or 16.5%—in the US inv...
How can I prevent injuries from falls?
Here are some tips on preventing injuries from falls: Use a soft landing surface on playgrounds (...
How can I safely bring an animal into a school or daycare?
It is important to remember that animals can have germs on their bodies and in their habitats, even ...
What should I do if I see a dead bat?
If you come across a dead bat, call animal control services to see if they can safely remove the ani...